Join us for the 49th CELLAR CLUB WINE TASTING
EVENT: Wine Tasting from Bodegas Muriel Wines
HOST: Paco Fernandez, Bodegas Muriel in Spain
DATE: Thursday May 19, 2016
TIME: 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
LOCATION: 120 Lombard Street, Society Hill, Philadelphia, PA
- Real Compania Blanco
- Pazo Cilleiro Reserva Albarino
- Real Compania Rosado
- Muriel JME
- Muriel Reserva
- Vina Eguia Tempernillo
- Vina Eguia Reserva
- Real Compania Garnacha
- Muriel Gran Reserva
- And a surprise from our cellar
We are very excited to have Paco Fernandez, from Bodegas Muriel in Spain to host our Cellar Club on Thursday May 19, 2016 featuring Wines of Spain.
Paco was born and raised in one of Spain’s fabled wine regions, Jerez. It was the ‘cradle of Sherry’ that Paco was first exposed to wine; through is mother’s family, who owned a winery and vineyard he often visited. After university studies, he was hired by the most famous Sherry producer, Gonzalez Byass. Subsequently , moved to Madrid and started working for another top producer in Spain, Bodegas Muriel in Rioja. The Muriel family has had great success buying and rehabilitating winereies and vineyards includeing Vina Eguia, Marques de Elciego and Conde de los Andes.
Chef will prepare:
- Hors d’oeuvres paired with the featured wines
- Presentations will include an extensive imported International cheese selection from DiBruno Bros. & cured Italian meats
The elegant dinner station will include:
- Chef’s choice of seasonal salad
- A selection of homemade pastas
- Fresh seasonal fish fillet
- Carved veal loin with porcini demi glace
- A selection of our desserts and coffee will conclude our chef’s presentation
Don’t Miss Out!
Don’t miss this exciting evening of sipping and savoring, mixing and mingling and tasting and teaching. Cellar Club guests will also receive the following, with our compliments:
- Conversation with Paco Fernandez
- Conversation with DiBruno Bros. Cheese Monger
- $20.00 Grazie Gift Certificate for use on your next visit in the restaurant
- A complimentary bottle of wine that will be presented at the Cellar Club Tasting
- An opportunity to win a bottle of one of these exceptional wines to be presented at the Cellar Club Tasting
Cost is $90.00 per person exclusive of 8% tax and 20% gratuity which includes the wines, hors d’oeuvres, dinner, the take home bottle and $20 Gift Certificate.
Reserve today. Reservations to the event are prepaid with a credit card and are non-refundable. If you have any additional questions feel free to contact us at (215) 925-8880.
Bistro Romano has received the 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, and the 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence (Two Glasses). To be notified of future Cellar Club events complete the form below.