We are very excited to have Craig Ellick, Estates Manager of Jackson Family Wine Estates in Philadelphia to host our Cellar Club on Tuesday, October 21, 2014. This is the 40th Cellar Club and we have some very special wines and Craig is flying in from California to host.
Being a family-owned winery absolutely affects their winemaking. It affords them the luxury to take the long view. They can take risks and grow their grapes in mountain and hillside vineyards- even though it is more difficult for both the farmer and the vine. But grapes grown on mountains have more character and more flavor-and that’s why they grow them there. As a family-run business, they can put the long-term interests of future generations above short-term financial gains. Their success will be measured by generations of family, rather than by numbers on quarterly reports. They can’t just be thinking about today, or tomorrow, or this quarter, or this year. They have to take the long view-100, 200 years-and think of future generations and the environment in which they’ll live.
40th Cellar Club
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Hosted by: Craig Ellick, Estates Manager – Jackson Family Wine Estates
Hartford Stone Cote
Hartford Lands Russian River
Stonestreet Monument Ridge
And a surprise wine from the cellar
Chef will prepare:
- Hors d’oeuvres to be paired with the featured wines
- Presentations will include an extensive imported International cheese selection from DiBruno Bros. & cured Italian meats
The dinner station will include:
- Our award-winning caesar salad
- A selection of homemade pastas
- Fresh fish fillet
- Carved filet mignon
- A selection of our desserts and coffee will conclude our chef’s presentation
Don’t miss this exciting evening of sipping and savoring, mixing and mingling and tasting and teaching. Cellar Club guests will also receive the following, with our compliments:
- Conversation with Craig Ellick
- Conversation with DiBruno Bros. Cheese Monger
- $20.00 Grazie Gift Certificate for use on your next visit in the restaurant
- A complimentary bottle of wine that will be presented at the Cellar Club Tasting
- An opportunity to win a bottle of one of these exceptional wines to be presented at the Cellar Club Tasting
Bistro Romano has received the 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, and the 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence (Two Glasses).
Cost is $90.00 per person exclusive of 8% tax and 20% gratuity which includes the wines, hors d’oeuvres, dinner, the take home bottle and $20 Gift Certificate.
Reserve today. Reservations to the event are prepaid with a credit card and are non-refundable. If you have any additional questions feel free to contact us at 215-925-8880.
To be notified of future Cellar Club events complete the form below.