Join us for the 45th CELLAR CLUB WINE TASTING
EVENT: Two Prominent Italian Winery Owners to Host 45th Cellar Club Tasting & Dinner
DATE: Thursday, September 17, 2015
TIME: 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
LOCATION: 120 Lombard Street, Society Hill, Philadelphia, PA
- Emilia Nardi, Owner, Tenute Silvio Nardi
- Roberto Pighin, Owner, Fernando Pighin & Figli
- Taste Nardi & Pighin Wines
We are very excited to have two Italian Winery owners, Emilia Nardi & Roberto Pighin to host our Cellar Club on Thursday, September 17, 2015 featuring Nardi & Pighin Wines.
The youngest daughter of founder Silvio Nardi, Emilia Nardi took over management of the estate at the age of 30. Emilia grew up visiting the Montalcino estate and worked alongside her father for 10 years. The consistent quality of her wines has distinguished her as one of few female leaders in Brunello. Nardi is respected for her successful re-launching of the brand by introducing clone selections. When asked why she decided to introduce cloning she explained, “We do this for the glory not the money.”
Roberto Pighin has been intimately involved with his family winery since he was a child. After finishing his military service in 1986, he joined his father in running Fernando Pighin & Figli, and counts his dual contact with nature and other people among the greatest enjoyments of the wine industry.
Chef will prepare:
- Hors d’oeuvres paired with the featured wines
- Presentations will include an extensive imported International cheese selection from DiBruno Bros. & cured Italian meats
The elegant dinner station will include:
- Our award-winning caesar salad
- A selection of homemade pastas
- Fresh seasonal fish fillet
- Carved filet mignon
- A selection of our desserts and coffee will conclude our chef’s presentation
Don’t Miss Out!
Don’t miss this exciting evening of sipping and savoring, mixing and mingling and tasting and teaching. Cellar Club guests will also receive the following, with our compliments:
- Conversation with Emilia Nardi & Roberto Pighin
- Conversation with DiBruno Bros. Cheese Monger
- $20.00 Grazie Gift Certificate for use on your next visit in the restaurant
- A complimentary bottle of wine that will be presented at the Cellar Club Tasting
- An opportunity to win a bottle of one of these exceptional wines to be presented at the Cellar Club Tasting
Cost is $90.00 per person exclusive of 8% tax and 20% gratuity which includes the wines, hors d’oeuvres, dinner, the take home bottle and $20 Gift Certificate.
Reserve today. Reservations to the event are prepaid with a credit card and are non-refundable. If you have any additional questions feel free to contact us at (215) 925-8880.
Bistro Romano has received the 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, and the 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence (Two Glasses). To be notified of future Cellar Club events complete the form below.